Tuesday 1 December 2009

Mark. Professional Photographer the Year 2009: Shortlisted!!

Some things you just don't see coming.  I entered the Professional Photographer of the Year competition 2009 and quite frankly, forgot all about it.  I heard today that I have been shortlisted in the Travel category with what's rapidly become my most famous piece to date: New York, Election Night, 2008:



My photo will be featured in a special pull-out in the January 2010 edition of Professional Photographer Magazine, and the winners will be announced in the same edition of the magazine.

This was taken from the top of the Empire State building looking northwards up Manhattan just moments before Barack Obama's historic election victory.

Thanks to everyone who has sent their kind words of support so far; it means a great deal.  Thanks also to Tanya for taking this impromptu cameraphone snap in the kitchen ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment